Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sew Many Scarfs!

I have been on this SCARF kick lately.  What better way to fill my need for scarfs than to make 2 from scratch.  I was in the Fabric Clearance aisle at Jo-Ann's last week and found some great knit fabrics for SUPER cheap!  I knew exactly what I wanted to do right away...make scarfs!  The one below came from here...  Super easy, you don't even need to be a good sewer for this one ;)




The next one I have step-by-step directions for you (okay, anyone else start singing New Kids on the Block after reading that last sentence?  No? Nevermind)
Anyways, here is another EASY scarf, probably even easier and def. faster than the one above.  From start to finish, it took less than and hour.  Also, quick tip: no need to go by knit fabric.  Just cut up an old knit shirt or pair of pants!  Works just the same.
Okay, start by cutting out 56-64 four by four inch squares.

Here they are, all cut up and ready to go!

Next, pin together.  Do this by lining up the top point to the middle of your next square.

Last step is to just sew right down the middle of your squares, using your points to keep you straight.  I used both a straight stitch and a zig-zag.  Both worked the same.
And finally, enjoy your EASY-PEASY scarf.  Because this scarf is so light, it can be worn year round!
I have it doubled up here to give it a little more volume.

One more with Oakley insisting on being in the pic...



5 comments:

Ashley said...

Turned out adorable with that striped knit. I love both scarves. So cute and cozy and fun! Thanks for the link!

Ashley

Heather said...

Your scarves turned out so cute!

Lyndzi said...

Hey lady! I never go back through my comments but the scarf one was at the bottom and I thought I'd just check it and I'm so glad I did. Yours is WAY cuter. I really need to add to mine. I love both your blogs, you are so crafty and I'm going to steal many of your ideas. :)

Sam and Lacey said...

Did I know that you had this blog??? I found the link on Lyndzi's blog.

I wish that we lived close so that we could craft together. :-)

FrouFrouBritches said...

That scarf is so stinkin' cute! Love it!