Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Altered Thift Store Frame


Well, I found this beauty at the Thrift store for $1.92.  I knew exactly what I could do with it and was pretty excited with how well it turned out.  I forgot to take a picture of the before frame, but you can kind of get the idea of the ugly green is was before.

I first spray painted it this pretty aqua color.  It only needed a few coats.  I sanded the edges after it was really dry.  This is where my handy-dandy Cricut always comes into play.  I was hoping I had a cart that had a wreath on it, but I did not.  So, I had to make my own.  I found this cute branch and figured I could make my own wreath with a few of them cut out.  I cut the branches and the "B" out with black vinyl, used the AMAZING Cricut transfer tape for the first time, and placed it on the middle of the glass that already came with the frame.  (I forgot to mention that I just took the cardboard and the mat off the back of the frame.)  Last step is to place your glass back in the frame and add any 'bellies you like.  I just tied on a simple black ribbon.  This was my mom's Christmas present.  I am happy to report that it made it safely to Seattle :)


No comments: